I’m abit of a nerd and love to learn new things, so I have put together this list of useful beauty facts for all the makeup users worth knowing:
- 80% of women’s wrinkles are caused by excessive sun exposure.
- On average women use thier height in lipstick every 5 years.
- MAC was founded by two men named Frank in 1985.
- Even though they seem to be the same, “dermatologist tested” does not mean the same as “dermatologist approved’
- The average morning routine for a Monday is about 76 minutes, but by Friday it drops down to just 19 minutes!
- Avoid getting anything waxed during your period. Your skin is more tender and sensitive during your menstrual cycle. Three to four days after your period ends is when your pain tolerance is highest, so aim for that window of time for your next wax.
- Submerging wet nails into cold water for 3 mins – polish will dry immediately.
- A shot glass full of sunscreen is enough to cover your whole body, reapply that every 2 hours.
- Number one beauty product used by women is mascara.
- Average age majority of women start wearing make up is 13-15.
- 61% of women only wash their makeup brushes once a month.
- Women spend 474 days of their lives putting on makeup.
- 54 items are found in an average makeup collection.
- 100% of makeup testers are contaminated with a variety of germs, from the type of staph bacteria found on doorknobs to E. coli, a fecal bacteria transmitted via contaminated hands.
Quite eye opening!
Until next time xx