Today’s post is dedicated to those delicate fluttery things on our eyes – Lashes!! You may think you know your lashes but think again…..
- Eyelashes are made of 97% keratin and 3% water.
- Upper lid is twice denser and has about 200 lashes, when the lower lid has about 100.
- In 1917 American company Maybelline created the first mascara consisting of black coal and Vaseline, the novelty become immediately popular.
- Lifespan of an eyelash is about 90 days
- Of all the makeup on the market, mascara has the shortest lifespan of about three to five months.
- The average woman will spend $3,770 on mascara in her lifetime.
- Eyelashes do grow back – despite the myth they don’t!
- Eyelashes protect your eyes from dust and other pollutants!
- Want long, lush lashes? Don’t ever sleep in your mascara. Mascara makes your lashes stiff, leaving them more likely to break while you’re tossing and turning.
- Mix castor oil, vitamin E and aloe Vera for an eyelash serum to grow your lashes!
Do any of these surprise you?!