In the spirit of it being International Coffee Day I wanted to share my favourite coffee beauty hacks that your skin will love.
A little about coffee first and why it’s great for your skin –
- Coffee is a diuretic, meaning that it will help the body get rid of unnecessary water and other toxins.
- Exfoliating with coffee grounds improves circulation, leaving you with smooth, glowing skin.
- Coffee assists the movement of water throughout the skin.
- The antioxidants contained in caffeine can attack free radicals and eliminate them, for this reason caffeine is widely used in anti-ageing day and night creams in conjunction with retinol.
My favourite three uses of coffee in my beauty routines are listed below:
Coffee Body Scrub:
Caffeine in skin products can dehydrate fatty cells. This results in the water disappearing from the surface of your skin. This minimizes the appearance of cellulite and giving smoother skin.Ingredients:
- Equal parts Coffee and brown sugar
- Enough Coconut oil to form scrub paste
In a bowl combine all three products until it forms a scrub paste. When ready to use in the shower, take a small handful and rub onto skin in circular motions deep into he skin. Leave on a few minutes then rinse off. The more times a week you do this the quicker you will see results !
Coffee Dark Circle Eye Treatment
Coffee has anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce puffiness and inflammation associated with dark circles. Caffeine also reduces the accumulation of blood under your eyes which contribute to dark shadows.Ingredients
- A few teaspoons of coffee
- A teaspoon of coconut oil
Mix to form a paste.Spread paste under eyes and leave for 5 mins.Wipe off with a wet wipe and wash face as usual.Continue three times a week for reduced dark circles.
Coffee Hair Growth Mask
Caffeine is considered a stimulant for hair follicles. It can also block the effect of DHT, which damages the hair follicles and is responsible for causing male pattern baldness. Ingredients
- Castor oil
Make a paste and cover hair in paste. Wrap up in cling wrap and allow to sit for 5-10 mins. Rinse well.Repeat twice a week.
What are your fave coffee uses?! Comment below!
Until next time xSS